Nata Entrance Exam 2018
“The Exam Pattern for NATA Consists of 2 Sections in 3hours Duration”
Pattern of Questions and Mode of Answering
All the booklets will be served at the beginning in one folder. MCQ answer sheet (OMR) for Part-A will be withdrawn after 90 minutes. It is to be noted carefully that the candidates must fill in as well as bubble in ALL the relevant information including the “Question Booklet No” at the indicated places on OMR Answer Sheet, Drawing Sheets and Attendance Sheet during examination.
|Subject||Distribution of Marks||Total Marks|
|Mathematics (20 Qs)||20 x 2||40|
|General Aptitude (40 Qs)||40 x 2||80|
|Drawing (2 Qs)||2 x 40||80|
Mathematics & General Aptitude Test
Only one option is correct and correct response will yield 2 (two) marks. There is no negative marking, but wrong answering will be penalized in case of tie breaking, as elaborated below.
Answers to both parts must be provided on same OMR sheet, which is specially designed machine readable response sheet. ANSWERS ARE TO BE MARKED (BUBBLED) USING BLUE/BLACK BALL POINT PEN ONLY ON THE ‘OMR ANSWER SHEET’.
Candidate has to attempt two questions within 90 minutes. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects –
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner;
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- Sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences.
The Answer to each question in the ‘drawing’ paper will be examined by more than one examiner independently and the marks are to be averaged. The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is on the candidate’s drawing, imagination and observation skills. The candidate’s sense of proportion and perspective are also evaluated together with sense for colour and composition.
- REVALUATION is possible for Aptitude tests not possible for Drawing Test.
- There is no Negative marking for NATA 2017.
- There is no break between the two exams